Top of the show
Welcome everyone and thank you for joining us. This is valid arguments. A show about three dudes mansplaining hate speech to all you libtards, neckbeards, snowflakes, and basement dwellers. I’m Jeremy Horton, and Today were going to be talking about mob mentality! We will also be arguing about white people, and we’ll start to self-actualize. Joining me today is Mr. Milo Mordhorst on my right. (Milo intro). And Mr. Joel Barkley on my left. (Joel intro). Thank you both, now I want to start by getting your initial takes on herd mentality and what you guys think are worthy causes to herd apathetic people into.
Questions I will ask:
- Let’s start with sheeple. You know the type. Mouth breathers. Slack jaws. Yes-men. Anytime there’s a new iPhone you will see these people lined up for miles. I think it demonstrates an inherent need to belong to something. My first question is that if you buy stuff that everyone else buys, how long before they let you into their secret club? joel
- I want to turn now to social media. Our social media pages have an average of 50 followers a piece. Now we know that can’t be right because our hosting service says thousands of you fine people are listening to us. Kylie Jenner has to date 141 million followers on her Instagram alone. So, my next question is, why don’t people like us? The online us, clearly, they like the voices of us. milo
- Palette cleanser/segment – is tv too white?
- English philosopher and mathematician Alfred North Whitehead once said, “Civilization advances by extending the number of operations we can perform without thinking about them.” The reason that pretentious bastard is important is because this is a possible cause behind herd mentality. Do you guys think that herd mentality is a necessary byproduct of how far we’ve evolved as a species? joel
- A Study by south University showed that when people feel a part of a group, they experience a type of deindividualization. This is exacerbated by the size of the group and more importantly, the amount of perceived anonymity the individual thinks they have. The more anonymity is perceived the more the individual loses self-awareness and is prone to more extreme acts. My next question is how big of a mob do you think we’d need to whip up to get this chic fil-a thing off the ground? Joel
- Palette cleanser/segment – Are we comedians, or just three assholes with recording equipment?
- My next question involves authoritarianism. It is defined as the belief about the appropriate relationship that should exist between groups and their individual members. Authoritarians use psychological mechanisms to direct people into adopting their accepted social identity/social categorization. They use this to predict intergroup hostilities. This theory is called the social identity theory. This is knowledge we all should have by now. So why the fuck are we still listening to these douchebags? milo
- In case you all thought I had forgotten or was taking the day off from my usual message. I assure you I am getting to the true O. G’s and creators of herd mentality, the government. Let’s talk about the Council on Foreign Relations. The aggregators of how our government conducts themselves. Not just us though. There is a version of this in every civilized country. Not only that, most of our politicians and media talking heads are involved with this council in one way or another. This crazy group that seems to involve everyone that has influence on us in pretty much any way that matters. My next question is, what do ya’ll make of that? milo
- Palette cleanser/segment –
- Well ya’ll, let’s end on Dr. Suess. Specifically, a book called the sneeches. The story of humanoids that have stars on their bellies, and other ones that don’t. And all the class riots and body mutilation that comes along with that type of superficial lifestyle. So, with that in mind, how do we solve this thing?
- At least 50 more iPhones and then you get put on the wait list. You can preorder your next 100 iPhones and then you will get a secret club fast pass. Till then, no secret club, yo.
- People follow the herd. If we don’t pay for fake accounts, then we will never gain real ones.
- It certainly makes things easier. I mean the less I have to use my brain the better. One day I hope to not even have to use it all. Autopilot or bust!
- The Council on Foreign Relations
- Global Studies Consortium
- Swedish Association of international affairs
- Rule from the shadows: the psychology of power.
- The power of others- Michael Bond
- The Psychology of Revolution (Gustave Le Bon)
- Group psychology and the analysis of the Ego-Sigmund Freud
- There’s no secret club except the club of broke losers with a bunch of shitty phones. It’s a status symbol that is made up to keep you ensnared in consumerism.
- I think social media is a dying way to communicate, and our lack of following on them is a result of the real intellectuals craving a different form of communication. Stay tuned for our argument based social media platform, Arguer
- Fuck no! Think for yourself, Be an Individual. More ideas are always better and silencing new ideas for the sake of “make it easier” is just a cop out and excuse to not think.
- Various Anarchistic groups. Most scattered and poorly organized.
- The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind (Gustave Le Bon)
- The Social Contract (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- State of mind: psychology of control
Outro: *summarize Joel and Milo end arguments* I think that both sides have………………Valid Arguments. Tonight’s winner had this to say. If the press is awaiting a declaration of war before it imposes the self-discipline of combat conditions, then I can only say that no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of “clear and present danger,” then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent.
It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions–by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.
Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.
President John F Kennedy, ladies and gentleman. If you are for herd mentality then I suggest you find the council on foreign relations in your country, and see how you can help out. If you want to see herd mentality wiped from the earth completely, then spread the word and disagree with everything until you’re convinced otherwise. If you decide to do nothing, then at the very least, keep arguing and talking about it. Because the only way we solve any controversial issue, is to argue about it.
I’d like to thank you all for joining us, and thanks milo and Joel for your thoughts on the subject. If you want YOUR voice counted amongst those that argue, then get at us on social media @argumentsvalid on twitter and valid.arguments on Instagram, or if you think social media is just as evil as people who think please feel free to call and leave us a voicemail, the number is 309-340-9431. And if you like the show please leave us a rating and review, and tell your friends to argue with us too. and please join us next week for more arguments for you. We hope to disagree with you soon.