Top of the show
Welcome everyone and thank you for joining us. This is valid arguments. A show about three unqualified assholes discussing shit they know nothing about. Today were going to be talking about performance enhancing drugs, and if athletes should be allowed to use them. We’re also going to be talking about which is better, being the hero or the sidekick, and I’ll ask everyone about abortions. Joining me today is Mr. Milo Mordhorst on my right. (Milo intro). And Mr. Joel Barkley on my left. (Joel intro). Thank you both, now I want to start by getting your initial takes on performance enhancing drugs, and if you think they should be allowed in sports
Questions I will ask:
- Do you think PED’s should be allowed in any sport, if so which? – milo
- Do you think over the counter enhancement supplements (such as creatine) should have any restrictions on use, if so what? – Joel
- Palette cleanser/segment – Hamms
- Do you think in any way that the media is hyping up and over stating the risks of steroid use as a form of sensationalism – milo?
- Would you consider Adderall and other add medications performance enhancing drug? – Joel
- Palette cleanser/segment – hero sidekick argue
- Why is our culture so geared towards demonizing steroid users? – milo
- Palette cleanser/segment – abortion?
- Is Lance Armstrong really such a bad guy? – Joel
- Most golfers are older and may be prescribed testosterone and have a legitimate reason for taking it. How can we tell them it’s not ok?
- Creatine is in most power bars, protein shakes, and energy drinks as well as high protein foods. when taken in the right doses has been shown to increase decrease recovery time, and help grow muscle in a shorter period of time.
- The furor over PEDs is fundamentally a moral panic, and like the much more serious War on (Some Classes of People Who Use Some) Drugs it’s a witch hunt to control our lives and our minds
- Adderall is a prescription medication for the treatment of ADD. It cannot be considered a PED any more than an asthma inhaler can be.
- All this hand-wringing over a lost idyllic past is not dissimilar to politicians who sell nostalgia for an earlier, more-perfect America.
- The Livestrong foundation has donated over $500 million to cancer survivors. If the cost of that is lance Armstrongs tiny balls. I’d say not a bad trade. It’s also worth noting that all 7 of Lance’s titles that were stripped from him went to the runners up. All of them now have doping scandals on their hands by self-admission or investigation
- LIVESTRONG Foundation is a $50 million cancer foundation with 2.5 million members worldwide. It is rated one of the most effective nonprofits in the cancer community by charity watchdogs, and it’s among the most prestigious. LIVESTRONG’s mission is unique: unlike its peers, the Foundation focuses on helping cancer survivors rather than on conducting cancer research. To date, LIVESTRONG has raised $500 million to help people navigate the practical, emotional and financial realities of cancer
- Rich Piana – admitted to body building and using steroids to gain muscle mass – deceased
- Chris Benoit – a damn fine American wrestler in the WCW, WWE, and the ECW. Tragically, Benoit’s life ended in June 2007, when police discovered his body, along with the bodies of his wife Nancy and son Daniel, in what police later ruled as a murder-suicide.
- Curt Hennig, pro wrestler. Known as “The Hawk”, Hennig’s downward spiral included addiction to painkillers as well. After his career tanked (he wound up wrestling in front of small crowds in high-school gyms), just 32 years old, Hennig committed suicide. Steroids were not directly related to his death, but were part of a deadly cocktail that had clearly derailed his life
- Lance Armstrong – yeah, he’s doing fine.
- Doping is doping no matter what sport it’s in. We shouldn’t be giving an unfair advantage no matter what. The health risks outweigh the benefits.
- Creatine has many side effects that can hinder your gains in the long term such as Muscle cramping, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Gastrointestinal pain, Dehydration, Weight gain, Water retention, Heat intolerance, Fever. Not enough definitive evidence has been put forth to consider banning it as a supplement. There also is some concern that creatine might increase mania in people who have bipolar disorder.
- Why would the media overhype steroid use? There’s no reason to when we have all this evidence of athletes having adverse side effects from steroid use
- Adderall is a synthetic form of Methamphetamine. It cannot be allowed in sports. Look at what it has already done to the competitive gaming industry.
- We demonize them because it is a horrible thing to do yourself. Most especially in organizations that are impressionable to the youth. We can’t have our children thinking it is ok to grow up and become a giant freak person that relies on synthetic testosterone to stay alive.
- Lance Armstrong cheated! He’s a cheater! A no-good lying son of a bitch cheater!
Outro: *summarize Joel and Milo end arguments* I think that both sides have………………Valid Arguments. I’d to read a quote from the winner of tonight’s argument, and author of the book “it’s not about the bike when he said “if there was a God, I’d still have both my nuts.” Lance armstrong everyone. I guess it really wasn’t about the bike. I’d like to thank you all for joining us, and thanks milo and Joel for your thoughts on the subject. If you’d like to voice your thoughts on the topic, please get at us on social media @argumentsvalid on twitter and valid arguments on Facebook or feel free to call and leave us a voicemail, the number is 309-340-9431. Please join us next week we will have more bad news for you. Goodnight.
Top of the show
Welcome everyone and thank you for joining us. This is valid arguments. A show about three wise men, running a three-legged race, around a three-ring circus. Today were going to be talking about GMO’s, are they slowly killing us all? we will also discuss Harry Potter, and We will get into the ins and outs of old cartoons. Joining me today is Mr. Milo Mordhorst on my right. (Milo intro). And Mr. Joel Barkley on my left. (Joel intro). Thank you both, now I want to start by getting your initial takes on GMO’s and which ones you have eaten today.
Questions I will ask:
- Do you think GMO’s are safe? – Joel (milo counter)
- Recently Monsanto was acquired by the Bayer Group. Do you believe CEO Werner Baumann when he says the company aims to “deepen our dialogue with society in order to find common ground.”? – Milo (Joel counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment – Harry Potter – Jerm, Milo, Joel
- Do you think GMO’s have caused us to mutate and adapt to the different chemicals that are used on them? – Jerm (Milo counter)
- Do you think the rise in GMO use has contributed to the rise in allergic reactions towards our food? – Joel (Milo counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment- HAMM’s – Joel, jerm, Milo
- Do you think the continuation of GMO farming will increase the quality/taste of the food we eat? – Milo (Joel counter)
- Right now, User agreements with half of today’s leading GMO seed producers prohibit the use of independent research on the final product. Do you think this information should be readily available for such research? Jerm (milo counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment – Which is the villain Wile E. Coyote or The Road Runner
- What do you think the future of our agriculture will be? -Milo, Joel, Jerm
- Gmo’s are totally safe. Get a job hippy.
- Of course. This is a second chance at what Monsanto should’ve been. We all know companies always change their ways when given a second chance.
- Humans have evolved and adapted to our environment for millions of years. There’s no evidence that genetically modified foods have anything to do with it.
- Of course not, GMO’s are perfectly safe. It’s all those anti vax parents that are doing it.
- Increased taste? Why I think eventually we will be able to make broccoli taste like ice cream. Do you know what you have then? Healthier kids.
- Those User agreements are there for a reason. They protect the royalties of the companies that produce them. Agriculture is a business first.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has found that new technologies in genetic engineering and conventional breeding have not found any evidence of adverse effects on attributable to consumption of foods derived from GE crops
- The Bayer Group – Modern agriculture is about using continuous improvements in agricultural innovations and farming practices in order to help farmers increase efficiency and reduce the amount of natural resources—water, land, and energy—necessary to meet the world’s food, fuel, and fiber needs.
- The Bayer Group – Sells Pharmeceutical. Recently acquired Monsanto
- March against myths of modification (MAMYTHS) – March Against Myths takes action against junk science injustice
- Monsanto – Monsanto is a global modern agriculture company. They develop products and tools to help farmers around the world grow crops while using energy, water, and land more efficiently. They believe innovation has the potential to bring humanity’s needs in balance with the resources of our planet.
- Bill Nye saves the world, GMO episode – Netflix series.
- GMO’s are completely unsafe. Peace love and no vaccinations.
- Another instance of big corporations getting away with poisoning the nation. The bayer group is just as evil now as Monsanto was.
- GMO’s have been linked to Cancer. I think I need not say more.
- Absolutely. And in no way has the rise of anti-vaccination contributed in any way.
- Food tastes fine the way it is. The way nature made it. The way GOD intended it to be.
- Those user agreements are only there so we do not know what’s REALLY in our food. Transparency is never a bad thing!
- Jeremy Rifkin – Hates GMO’s. Loves politicians. An insult to the Jeremy’s of the world.
- Ayman Jallad – an important source of funding for some of the loudest critics in Brussels, the publicity-shy Jallad, who is 67, has turned his antipathy toward genetically modified crops, corporate influence and greenhouse-gas emissions into EU policy.
- The non gmo project – Funded by the Israva foundation Run which is run by Ayman Jallad. They are a group dedicated to labeling (and selling) Non gmo foods. The main difference between their seal and the USDA organic seal is that they test foods at multiple levels of production, whereas the GOVERNMENT REGULATED USDA organic seal is only tested routinely and if they suspect a company of using GMO’s. They gained criticism due to they’re reports not being peer reviewed. The main difference Between them
- The Isvara Foundation – The foundation, established in 2007, is the largest funder of Corporate Europe Observatory, a 20-year- old Brussels-based advocacy group, dedicated to “rolling back corporate power and exposing greenwash. They also awarded grants to the NON-GMO Project and other independent environmental companies. All have something to sell you that will save the planet
- Rotten – Netflix series
- Food Inc. – Netflix doc.
Outro: *summarize Joel and Milo end arguments* I think that both sides have………………Valid Arguments. the winner of tonight’s argument, had this to say on the subject “Monsanto can do anything they want to you, and put anything they want into your foods. There’s nothing you can do about it.”. Jesse Ventura ladies and gentleman. I’d like to thank you all for joining us, and thanks milo and Joel for your thoughts on the subject. We here valid arguments value opinions and think everyone should have one. So if you’re the type of person who knows your voice matters and would like us to help amplify that voice for you, then get at us on social media @argumentsvalid on twitter and valid arguments on Facebook or if you think social media is just as evil as people who put the toilet roll under rather than over, please feel free to call and leave us a voicemail, the number is 309-340-9431. Please join us next week we will have more valid and not so valid arguments for you. Goodnight.
Optimistic. Nessesity we will die without gmo’s. Too late. Benefits outweigh risks.
New world order. Biodome like future. Big tits/dicks. Glysophate. Mad mx