Top of the show
Welcome everyone and thank you for joining us. This is valid arguments. A show about three wise men, running a three-legged race, around a three-ring circus. Today were going to be talking about GMO’s, are they slowly killing us all? we will also discuss Harry Potter, and We will get into the ins and outs of old cartoons. Joining me today is Mr. Milo Mordhorst on my right. (Milo intro). And Mr. Joel Barkley on my left. (Joel intro). Thank you both, now I want to start by getting your initial takes on GMO’s and which ones you have eaten today.
Questions I will ask:
- Do you think GMO’s are safe? – Joel (milo counter)
- Recently Monsanto was acquired by the Bayer Group. Do you believe CEO Werner Baumann when he says the company aims to “deepen our dialogue with society in order to find common ground.”? – Milo (Joel counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment – Harry Potter – Jerm, Milo, Joel
- Do you think GMO’s have caused us to mutate and adapt to the different chemicals that are used on them? – Jerm (Milo counter)
- Do you think the rise in GMO use has contributed to the rise in allergic reactions towards our food? – Joel (Milo counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment- HAMM’s – Joel, jerm, Milo
- Do you think the continuation of GMO farming will increase the quality/taste of the food we eat? – Milo (Joel counter)
- Right now, User agreements with half of today’s leading GMO seed producers prohibit the use of independent research on the final product. Do you think this information should be readily available for such research? Jerm (milo counter)
- Palette cleanser/segment – Which is the villain Wile E. Coyote or The Road Runner
- What do you think the future of our agriculture will be? -Milo, Joel, Jerm
- Gmo’s are totally safe. Get a job hippy.
- Of course. This is a second chance at what Monsanto should’ve been. We all know companies always change their ways when given a second chance.
- Humans have evolved and adapted to our environment for millions of years. There’s no evidence that genetically modified foods have anything to do with it.
- Of course not, GMO’s are perfectly safe. It’s all those anti vax parents that are doing it.
- Increased taste? Why I think eventually we will be able to make broccoli taste like ice cream. Do you know what you have then? Healthier kids.
- Those User agreements are there for a reason. They protect the royalties of the companies that produce them. Agriculture is a business first.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has found that new technologies in genetic engineering and conventional breeding have not found any evidence of adverse effects on attributable to consumption of foods derived from GE crops
- The Bayer Group – Modern agriculture is about using continuous improvements in agricultural innovations and farming practices in order to help farmers increase efficiency and reduce the amount of natural resources—water, land, and energy—necessary to meet the world’s food, fuel, and fiber needs.
- The Bayer Group – Sells Pharmeceutical. Recently acquired Monsanto
- March against myths of modification (MAMYTHS) – March Against Myths takes action against junk science injustice
- Monsanto – Monsanto is a global modern agriculture company. They develop products and tools to help farmers around the world grow crops while using energy, water, and land more efficiently. They believe innovation has the potential to bring humanity’s needs in balance with the resources of our planet.
- Bill Nye (science guy)
- Bill Nye saves the world, GMO episode – Netflix series.
- GMO’s are completely unsafe. Peace love and no vaccinations.
- Another instance of big corporations getting away with poisoning the nation. The bayer group is just as evil now as Monsanto was.
- GMO’s have been linked to Cancer. I think I need not say more.
- Absolutely. And in no way has the rise of anti-vaccination contributed in any way.
- Food tastes fine the way it is. The way nature made it. The way GOD intended it to be.
- Those user agreements are only there so we do not know what’s REALLY in our food. Transparency is never a bad thing!
- The organic consumers association – The OCA was spun off from the International Center for Technology Assessment which was spun off from the Pure Food Campaign which was a project of Rifkin’s Foundation on Economic Trends.
- The Non-GMO Project.
- Jeremy Rifkin – Hates GMO’s. Loves politicians. An insult to the Jeremy’s of the world.
- Ayman Jallad – an important source of funding for some of the loudest critics in Brussels, the publicity-shy Jallad, who is 67, has turned his antipathy toward genetically modified crops, corporate influence and greenhouse-gas emissions into EU policy.
- The non gmo project – Funded by the Israva foundation Run which is run by Ayman Jallad. They are a group dedicated to labeling (and selling) Non gmo foods. The main difference between their seal and the USDA organic seal is that they test foods at multiple levels of production, whereas the GOVERNMENT REGULATED USDA organic seal is only tested routinely and if they suspect a company of using GMO’s. They gained criticism due to they’re reports not being peer reviewed. The main difference Between them
- The Isvara Foundation – The foundation, established in 2007, is the largest funder of Corporate Europe Observatory, a 20-year- old Brussels-based advocacy group, dedicated to “rolling back corporate power and exposing greenwash. They also awarded grants to the NON-GMO Project and other independent environmental companies. All have something to sell you that will save the planet
- Rotten – Netflix series
- Food Inc. – Netflix doc.
Outro: *summarize Joel and Milo end arguments* I think that both sides have………………Valid Arguments. the winner of tonight’s argument, had this to say on the subject “Monsanto can do anything they want to you, and put anything they want into your foods. There’s nothing you can do about it.”. Jesse Ventura ladies and gentleman. I’d like to thank you all for joining us, and thanks milo and Joel for your thoughts on the subject. We here valid arguments value opinions and think everyone should have one. So if you’re the type of person who knows your voice matters and would like us to help amplify that voice for you, then get at us on social media @argumentsvalid on twitter and valid arguments on Facebook or if you think social media is just as evil as people who put the toilet roll under rather than over, please feel free to call and leave us a voicemail, the number is 309-340-9431. Please join us next week we will have more valid and not so valid arguments for you. Goodnight.
Optimistic. Nessesity we will die without gmo’s. Too late. Benefits outweigh risks.